Monday, November 30, 2015

Golden Greetings


Hi there!  We had a busy weekend so I didn't get into the Craft Cave at all.  Mom and I had a girls' day out on Saturday and did some Christmas shopping.  On Sunday Luis and I took a couple of leisurely walks with Tex and gave him a bath.  We also continued with clearing out the house now that the interior painting is almost done (only the bathroom left).  Since we had to move everything to paint I was determined not to just shove it all back where it came from.  We've done major culling of everything from clothes to pantry items to general "stuff".  I've even let go of some books!!  With each trip to the dump or charity shop I feel a little bit lighter.  We've been watching a lot of these TV programs about tiny houses and, while I don't think I could handle living in 400 square feet, I like the idea of paring down our belongings to a more streamlined amount.  (Before you even ask, no - I have not done this in the Craft Cave yet!  Baby steps...)  

    Anyway I managed to get into the Craft cave for a little bit today and made a card for four challenges.  I started by using the design from CAS(E) This Sketch.  I layered 3 of the sentiment die cuts for some dimension and covered it with black Wink of Stella.  I also popped up the centre ornament.  I'm going to enter this in the Addicted to CAS Dimension challenge and also in the CAS on Sunday Christmas challenge and the Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes challenge.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black, Brushed Gold) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Ornament from Festive Silhouettes) Altenew
Inks:  (Red Royal) Hero Arts
Die:  (Senitment, Bow) Avery Elle
Glitter:  (Black Wink of Stella) Zig

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY card Jen, love the ornaments!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Good for you to get the clutter down to a minimum. I love doing that too. But yes, the crafty goods are slow to go LOL!!!

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty, Jen! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Happy Dance said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, and got some of that culling (which we all need to do....) done! Love that feeling! And this card is a real stunner. LOVE the gold background and those pretty ornaments. Great idea to have them hanging off your sentiment. Fantastic!! Bev

Lindsey said...

Not books! ;)
I love how this card looks on the gold card base! CAS and beautiful.
(How's Ella?)

lostinpaper said...

Swooning over the gold background!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm swooning right next to Therese, Jen... LOve that burnished gold look! I must have been on the same page as you with the reorganizing, though no painting involved! I pared down big time 8 years ago with our move ... what a great feeling of accomplishment you must have! Thanks for playing cards with us at CTS this week!!!
=]

Gayatri said...

Love the big and bold sentiment. The hanging ornaments are cute. Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge :)
Gayatri xx

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Jen. I love the no tradional colours and ornaments. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Joyce said...

Love how big and bold everything is on this pretty card.